Faith in Action: Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers of Solano County is a non-profit, volunteer based
agency which was formed in January of 1998 to serve some of our most vulnerable neighbors in need.
The organization does not espouse any particular belief system, but instead works with people of all backgrounds who are called to put their "faith into action" by giving back to their community. The intent of the agency is to respond to the needs of the elderly in Solano County, (aged 60 and over). Many whom we serve are on fixed incomes, but do not meet the qualifications of public agencies. All of our agency services are provided by trained volunteers at no cost to the care recipient.
The programs of Faith in Action provide a continuum of care for our seniors. Services range from friendly calls through our Phone Buddies program, to transportation help under our Ride with Pride program, and the provision of in-home supportive assistance to our homebound seniors in the Caregiver/Respite program. Counseling is available through our Senior Peer Counseling for those who need help dealing with depression, anxiety, stress, and/or issues of grief and loss.
Direct services currently available through Faith in Action volunteers include:
• Transportation assistance with a priority given to medical and social service appointments—rides to grocery stores, banks, the Senior Center, and other destinations are also available.
• Regularly scheduled friendly phone calls and home visits
• Errands and assistance with picking up groceries for our more frail care recipients
• Help with light household chores in addition to some "handy man" services
• Support with the preparation of hot meals in the home
• Respite Care for primary family caregivers who may need a break
• Senior Peer Counseling for those who need help with life’s stressors
• Advocacy and referral to other services available in the community
Faith in Action depends on grants from foundations, fundraising activities and donations from organizations to bring these vital services to our neighbors in need. We also depend on the community in getting people who are willing to "step up to the plate" and give of their time as volunteers.
For additional information on any of Faith in Action’s programs, to learn about volunteer opportunities, or to make a donation to help offset the costs of running these countywide services, please contact our agency staff at (707) 469-6675.
Donations may also be mailed directly to: Faith in Action
91 Town Square Place
Vacaville, CA 95688
Visit our website at: www.faithinactionsolano.org