The Suisun City Library will be hosting a free flu shot clinic on Wednesday, October 24. The vaccines will be administered by nurses.
Hours for the library clinic, which is located at 601 Pintail Drive in Suisun City, are from 1-4 p.m.
“This is our seventh year,” said Patricia Khan, Vacaville Town Square Supervising Librarian.
She added the clinics began in 2005 when a community member who worked for the NAACP found out the county had reserve doses of the inoculation and she came to Khan.
“We had just opened here in Town Square and she came and wanted to know if we wanted to host them,” Kahn said. “We ended up communicating with Paula Holm, she's the public nurse from Solano County Public Health Department.”
Kahn said the clinics are very successful and last year at Town Square Library, about 250 inoculations were given out.
This year, Kahn said, there will be no special inoculations, just the regular flu shot is available.
For those who wish to go, the clinic is open to everybody and there is a short medical survey to fill out before getting the shot. No identification is necessary.
“It moves pretty fast,” Kahn said. “We go as fast as we can.”
Other upcoming flu shot clinics include:
- Thursday, October 25, from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Fairfield Civic Center Library, 1150 Kentucky Street, Fairfield, 94533.
- Tuesday, November 6, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Vacaville Public Librar, Ulati, 1020 Ulatis Drive, Vacaville, 95688.
- Wednesday, November 7, from 1 p.m- 4 p.m. Vacaville Public Library, Town Square, 1 Town Square Place, Vacaville, 95688.
- Friday, November 9, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. John F. Kennedy Library, 505 Santa Clara Street, Vallejo, 94590.
- Thursday, November 29, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Rio Vista Library, 44 So. 2nd Street, Rio Vista, 94557.