The Suisun City Police Department has issued the following safety tips to insure that you and your children have an enjoyable Halloween.
* Children should wear reflective clothing.
* Because a mask can limit or block eyesight, consider non-toxic and hypoallergenic makeup or a decorative hat as a safe alternative.
* Do not allow your children to go out alone.
* Trick or treat in groups for your safety.
* Teach your children to never enter any home without you or without your permission and only approach homes that are well-lit.
* Children and adults should carry a flashlight so that motorists can see them.
* Children should walk on the sidewalk, not on the street.
* Trick or Treat on well lit streets.
* Children should never accept rides from strangers.
* Do not permit children to bicycle, roller-blade or skateboard in costume.
* Agree on a specific time when Trick or Treaters must return home.
* Remind all household drivers to remain cautious and drive slowly throughout the community.
* Parents should check all candy before allowing children to eat it.
* If the candy looks tampered with, do not eat it..throw it away.